Bug 31745 - [Android] TabbedPage in MasterDetailPage not showing multiple tabs
Summary: [Android] TabbedPage in MasterDetailPage not showing multiple tabs
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms ()
Version: 1.4.3
Hardware: PC Windows
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Rui Marinho
Depends on:
Reported: 2015-07-08 08:50 UTC by Eder
Modified: 2015-07-10 14:22 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

ReproTabbedPageProblem (178.83 KB, application/zip)
2015-07-10 05:47 UTC, Rui Marinho

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Eder 2015-07-08 08:50:48 UTC
I have a Xamarin.Forms in witch I have a TabbedPage inside a MasterDetailPage.
The TabbedPage have multiple tabs (child pages) and works correctly on WP.
However on Android only the last added page (tab) is showed.
Comment 1 Eder 2015-07-08 10:12:32 UTC
Follows a sample to examplify the bug: 

Notice that on Windows Phone the app show 3 tab while in Android it only show 1 (the last added).
Comment 2 Ram Chandra 2015-07-08 11:38:11 UTC
I have checked this issue and with the help of attached sample I am able to reproduce this issue.

Application Output: https://gist.github.com/Parmendrak/f2231107bf279b44a86b
IDE logs: https://gist.github.com/Parmendrak/a81a87bf61ecf9947834
Device logs: https://gist.github.com/Parmendrak/0f37b38c68aa122d9119

Environment Info:

Windows 8.1
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.30723.00 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.51641
Installed Version: Professional
Xamarin   3.11.666.0 (ebae43a)
Xamarin.Android (5f55a9ef61c11b6ce0890bc91e4c71b1b92be214)
Xamarin.iOS (67b390d0d1bd741582cf7b7fd3ffea08583a3f83)
Comment 3 Eder 2015-07-09 16:16:32 UTC
Rui. I just find out that this issue also happens on iOS Simulators.
Comment 4 Rui Marinho 2015-07-10 05:47:47 UTC
Created attachment 11969 [details]
Comment 5 Rui Marinho 2015-07-10 05:50:12 UTC
We'd be happy to help you resolve this issue.I have tried a smaller sample and i m not being able to reproduce the problem. 
Can you please check the sample i attached, and see if this is similar to what you are trying to achieve. So we can figure out the smaller reproduction possible for the issue.

Warm regards,
Xamarin Forms Team
Comment 6 Eder 2015-07-10 13:52:35 UTC
Hello Rui Marinho,
Your sample is actually working, but it is very diffent from the sample (a proof of concept I'm developing).
Since my sample render correctly on Windows Phone (with 3 tabs) but not on Android and iOS (which on shows the last added tab) I'm really sure it is a kind of bug with Xamarin.Forms. Authogh I'm didn't find out where exactly the bug is in my sample. I think the Xamarin team could help find that and if confimed fix the issue on Xamarin Forms.
I think that if it was not a bug on Xamarin.Forms, my sample should be behaving as the same on the three platforms.
Comment 7 Eder 2015-07-10 14:22:51 UTC
I'm really sorry Rui,
It was my fault, since I'm using Autofac to use DI and conditionaly registered my tabPages as single instance for Android and iOS it was generating only on instance of my tab page.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for you attention.