Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 11499 [details]
Simple project that can be used to reproduce this bug
Entry field looses focus whenever the soft-keyboard is hidden (using the soft-keys).
This is an issue on devices with a hardware keyboard (tested on an Intermec CN51)
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download and run the attached project on a device with a hardware keyboard. The application contain a simple entry field and a button.
2) click the entry field and enter some text using software- or hardware keyboard.
3) Close the sofkeyboard by using the back button
The entry has lost focus resulting in two problems:
1) Text entered on the hardware keyboard is no longer directed to the entry view
2) The page can not longer be navigated using the DPAD up/down buttons on the device.
The software keyboard should be hidden but the view should maintain its focus.
The current behavior is by design, but this could be a good candidate for a platform specific feature and will be looked into.