Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When I run the XVS.msi Setup Wizard to remove XVS, I must do so twice to fully remove it on Windows 8.1. This issue is present on the current C5SR1 builds and continues through to XRA builds.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download C5SR1 XVS Beta build (3.11.584)
2) Run XVS setup wizard, install XVS 3.11.584
3) Run XVS setup wizard, remove XVS 3.11.584, noting the time it takes to do so and that you are not prompted to give administrative permission to uninstall
4) Run XVS setup wizard, noting that the wizard does not prompt you to begin a full install
5) Select the "Change" option and note that all features are listed as not being installed
6) Select the "Back" option
7) Remove XVS 3.11.584, noting the time it takes to do so is substantially shorter than before and that this time you are prompted to give administrative permission to uninstall
8) Run XVS setup wizard, now you are prompted to begin a full install
This is a minor inconvenience if a user wants to do a clean reinstall of the same build.
Environment Info: https://gist.github.com/dylankelly5/d693cf55d1131c26776f
Supplemental info: Right clicking the .msi and choosing uninstall works in one go
Cannot repro this with latest MSI for VS 2015. If you still can repro this, please provide verbose logs by running msiexec.exe and attach to this bug so we can take a look about why this may be requiring "two passes" sometimes.
A reproduction was attempted based on the bug description using the MSI installer for Visual Studio 2015 (22.214.171.1246).
The installer successfully removes the Xamarin Component on the first uninstall (and does indeed prompt for Admin Permission).
Opening back up the installer, the installer does indeed start a full "fresh install".
Moving this bug to resolved.