Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
This happens with roslyn branch after libgit2 merge.
- Create a new C# Console project, checking "Use git for version control."
- Open the containing folder.
- Outside XS:
- Create a new folder "Test" next to the .csproj file.
- Create a new source "Test.cs" in the Test folder.
- Go back to XS and select the project on the solution pad.
- Perform "Add" -> "Add existing folder" via the context menu.
- Select "Test" folder, and in the next dialog, select both the Test folder and Test.cs in it, and press OK.
- Make sure that the Test.cs is added to git.
- On the solution pad, select Test.cs in Test folder.
- Perform "Version Control" -> "Remove" via the context menu.
- It will ask the confirmation [*1] so click "Remove".
An error dialog is shown with message [*2].
And the file is *deleted*. (Remember the confirmation message [*1]? It says "The files will be kept on disk.")
Not sure if it happened before libgit2 merge.
Are you sure you want to remove the selected items from the version control system?
The files will be kept on disk."
Version control operation failed:
Could not find a part of the path.
That's NGit still. LibGit2 wasn't merged to roslyn.
K let's invalidate this and reopen only if it still reproduces with libgit2 (but according to your attempt it won't).