Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 11162 [details]
* Run the attached test project on device (in 32-bit mode).
> Attempting to JIT compile method '(wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>:invoke_bound_CGSize_intptr&_intptr_intptr_intptr (intptr,intptr,intptr)' while running with --aot-only. See http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/about/limitations for more information.
If SizeWithAttributesDelegate is modified to return void, this exception does not occur (but obviously the test project crashes just after, since the arguments end up all wrong).
@Zoltan, can you have a look?
Fixed in mono master e9931382272870b086401d726147f59ea72a696e.
What is the expected release for this fix?
Before verify, I need to reproduce this issue so I have deployed attached Test case sample project on 4S 32 bit device. It is deploying successfully on device and displaying text 'here is a test'.
I have tried it with X.iOS 188.8.131.526, 184.108.40.2068, 220.127.116.113
Can you please let me know how I can able to reproduce this issue.
Created attachment 11358 [details]
@Shruti, can you try this project instead?
I have tried again with project given in comment(8), unfortunately still not able to reproduce it. I used X.iOS 18.104.22.1688, 22.214.171.1243 to reproduce this issue.
@Shruti, That's very strange, I have 126.96.36.1997 and the app crashes on startup on my iPad Air (Debug configuration). Can you make sure you clean the solution between each XI re-install?
@Sebastien, can you try the project in comment 8 on device and see if it crashes for you at launch?
With 8.10.1 (macios-cycle5's head) on an iPod Touch 5th gen (32bits) I get this:
2015-05-28 09:08:20.233 MethodSwizzle[1000:432606] Unhandled managed exception:
Attempting to JIT compile method '(wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>:invoke_bound_CGSize_intptr&_intptr_intptr_intptr (intptr,intptr,intptr)' while running with --aot-only. See http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/about/limitations for more information.
at MethodSwizzle.Application.newSizeWithAttributes (IntPtr self, IntPtr sel, IntPtr dictionary) [0x00054] in /Users/poupou/Downloads/bug29970/Main.cs:166
at (wrapper native-to-managed) MethodSwizzle.Application:newSizeWithAttributes (intptr,intptr,intptr)
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string,intptr,intptr)
at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String args, IntPtr principal, IntPtr delegate) [0x00005] in /Users/poupou/git/xamarin/maccore/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:63
at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x0001c] in /Users/poupou/git/xamarin/maccore/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:46
at MethodSwizzle.Application.Main (System.String args) [0x0001c] in /Users/poupou/Downloads/bug29970/Main.cs:26
which is identical to the first reported exception.
@Shruti, can you try removing the app from the device before cleaning the solution and running again?
Created attachment 11385 [details]
@Shruti, can you try this test project now?
If it still doesn't fail, please get the output in the Application Output (nothing else is needed).
First I have reproduced this issue with attached project bug29970-b using X.iOS 188.8.131.526 . Getting exception when application is launched. Here is the screencast for same : http://www.screencast.com/t/jiWDmffK8
Then I have verified this issue with X.iOS 184.108.40.2068. Now it is working fine with this build. I am able to deploy and launch the app successfully.
Screencast regarding same: http://www.screencast.com/t/NiR3KXE9De8
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.9.2 (build 2)
Installation UUID: 67eaf3b4-f8a7-4ab4-a9df-3197350ca5dc
Mono 4.0.1 ((detached/ed1d3ec)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400010044
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.3 (7569)
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Enterprise Edition)
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/ixamarin78/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 22.214.171.1248 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2015-05-26 15:31:07-0400
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 509020002
Git revision: 43735a4b905b571f69cf9428a3ea7b52aef55476
Build date: 2015-05-18 09:38:12-04
Xamarin addins: ab18ddff45f507ed74f36c2b65df9aee22e28a56
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Darwin XamnewiMac.local 14.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.3.0
Mon Mar 23 11:59:05 PDT 2015