Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have two Mac Console Projects and one Shared Project.
On one Console Project everything works fine. On the other, the namespace of the Shared Project isn't found by the syntax highlighter so is red. However, everything compiles fine.
It's very easy/quick to repro:
1. Create 3 projects within a solution in any order (I've tried every order, none works): e.g.:
1.1. Create solution with Console project, default template
1.2. Right click on solution, select Add New Project
1.3. Choose Console Project, default template
1.4. Repeat 1.1. to 1.2, then choose Shared Project, default template
2. Choose Edit References on each of the Console Projects and add the Shared Project as reference on each
3. Add "using YourSharedProjectNamespace" to the top of each Console Project's Program.cs, just below "using System;"
4. On one Console Project, it works fine. On the other, the syntax highlighter doesn't find/recognise the namespace, but it compiles fine.
I have checked this issue with the help of test steps given in bug description and observed that after step 3 both the console project compiles fine but in one of the console project, shared project namespace is highlighted as red as shown in the screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/hBecVlzQFH
Environment Info :
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.9.4 (build 5)
Installation UUID: ce927b2a-2c07-44c5-b186-09cfdafba6dc
Mono 4.0.2 ((detached/c99aa0c)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 400020005
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 509040005
Git revision: 8010a90f6e246b32364e3fb46ef2c9d1be9c9a2b
Build date: 2015-06-08 16:52:06-04
Xamarin addins: 7e93e9c3503f28770f23ce1b7eafd829919f18e8
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Darwin Xamarin76s-Mac-mini.local 13.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0
Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014
Works fine in the Roslyn based branch. This will be fixed in XS 6.0.
I have checked this issue with latest C7 build:
XamarinStudio-184.108.40.20665_b44eb696fa41a04696a84d6af7fed9aa494e5580. Now this issue is working fine. Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/5BOsQa9e6
Hence closing this issue.