Bug 29914 - Web service being ignored
Summary: Web service being ignored
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 25708
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Web Services ()
Version: 5.9
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: master
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-05-10 10:55 UTC by Paul Johnson
Modified: 2015-07-02 02:11 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 25708

Description Paul Johnson 2015-05-10 10:55:57 UTC
I am trying to add the following service to my application

http://dev.virtualearth.net/webservices/v1/geocodeservice/geocodeservice.svc?wsdl

I've copied this into the URL box and added a reference name for it. I notice that the type dropdown is greyed out at this point. However, I click OK and the reference seems to be added.

When I look at the reference map though, the URL has been ignored and all I'm getting inside is this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ReferenceGroup xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ID="aaba2a0a-9923-4df2-8203-13a0623c323a" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-wcfservicemap">
  <ClientOptions>
    <GenerateAsynchronousMethods>false</GenerateAsynchronousMethods>
    <GenerateTaskBasedAsynchronousMethod>false</GenerateTaskBasedAsynchronousMethod>
    <GenerateEventBasedAsynchronousMethods>true</GenerateEventBasedAsynchronousMethods>
    <EnableDataBinding>true</EnableDataBinding>
    <ImportXmlTypes>false</ImportXmlTypes>
    <GenerateInternalTypes>false</GenerateInternalTypes>
    <GenerateMessageContracts>false</GenerateMessageContracts>
    <CollectionMappings />
    <GenerateSerializableTypes>true</GenerateSerializableTypes>
    <Serializer>Auto</Serializer>
    <UseSerializerForFaults>true</UseSerializerForFaults>
    <ReferenceAllAssemblies>true</ReferenceAllAssemblies>
  </ClientOptions>
  <MetadataSources>
    <MetadataSource Address="http://www.w3schools.com/WebServices/TempConvert.asmx" Protocol="http" SourceId="1" />
  </MetadataSources>
  <Metadata>
    <MetadataFile FileName="TempConvert.disco" MetadataType="Disco" ID="ac9b16f9-7006-47bd-8a9a-ff773cfe2c9b" SourceId="1" SourceUrl="http://www.w3schools.com/WebServices/TempConvert.asmx?disco" />
    <MetadataFile FileName="TempConvert.wsdl" MetadataType="Wsdl" ID="8d136ae9-21ac-4468-8e64-4f02ec5b8dd7" SourceId="1" SourceUrl="http://www.w3schools.com/WebServices/TempConvert.asmx?wsdl" />
  </Metadata>
</ReferenceGroup>

The w3schools.com code comes from the default service available when you try and add a web service.

This behaviour is also there under the current alpha

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9 (build 431)
Installation UUID: f3d1a29c-1ba2-4a83-a193-1087efe91a85
Runtime:
	Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/d136b79)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400000143

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 5.1.0.115 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/PFJ/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3    (API level 10)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.3.1 (7703)
Build 6D1002

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.10.0.267 (Business Edition)
Hash: 6481535
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-04-27 04:38:13-0400

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 2.0.0.262 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509000431
Git revision: 7560726734fc7267de2fa9abed2509968deefaa8
Build date: 2015-04-17 19:25:48-04
Xamarin addins: 2e772c734ab3148054eae7bf8949f340fdeb5e5e

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.4
Darwin Pauls-iMac.local 14.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.4.0
    Sun Apr 19 20:30:19 PDT 2015
    root:xnu-2782.30.2~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 1 Sadik Ali 2015-07-01 03:26:09 UTC
I have checked this issue and I am observing the same as you mentioned in bug description.

I am not sure about 'URL has been ignored'.

Could you please explain about 'URL has been ignored' .
Comment 2 Paul Johnson 2015-07-01 15:38:30 UTC
The URL being ignored means that if I add any URL to the URL box (not the one from w3schools), but say one from another service, that URL is ignored and the one that ships with XS by default is used
Comment 3 Arpit Jha 2015-07-02 02:11:28 UTC
Marking this issue as duplicate of  Bug# 25708
Comment 4 Arpit Jha 2015-07-02 02:11:57 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 25708 ***