Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 11120 [details]
SIGSEV error every time the webview control loads a URL or HTML string, thought it was a code issue but after further investigation - resetting the android player image and attempting to open up the browser produces the same problem with 'Unfortunately, Browser has stopped.' once the URL is attempted to be loaded (defaults to google.com)
Hi Colin, is this happening just with the Lollipop devices?
This is happening with the Nexus 7 (KitKat) Android 4.4.2, API 19 and Nexus 5 (Lollipop) Android 5.1.0, API 21 that I have installed. I have not tried additional devices since both unique devices were not working I have since discontinued use of Xamarin Android Player altogether
*** Bug 30691 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I can't reproduce this, we may have to see if a developer can figure out what's going on from the logs. If you have a chance, it might also be helpful to completely clean your XAP installation and reinstall the latest XAP build.
Please follow following steps to completely clean your XAP installation:
1) Uninstall previous versions of XAP.
2) Open up VirtualBox and remove all of the XAP devices, choose to delete
3) Open the VirtualBox Virtual Media Manager and ensure there are no data.vdi,
system.vdi or sdcard.vdi files remaining. If there are, release and remove
4) Delete C:\ProgramData\AndroidPlayer
Ram I think Will won't have that, but Colin (submitter) might. It sounds like in comment 2 that Colin may have stopped using XAP, but we would need more information from him in order to proceed.
Hi Colin, If it is possible could you please provide the Chromium APK file which you were using in your XAP? So that we can reproduce this issue at our end.
I uninstalled everything XAP related since it wasn't working whatsoever.
Would it remain somewhere? If uninstalling it removed what you needed, I no longer have it.
It wouldn't remain as part of the XAP bits, as Chromium is third-party app that (we're assuming) you installed from somewhere else. From what we've seen, there is no compatible Chromium that would work with XAP, so we're a bit stumped as to exactly what the steps were you were taking at the time. I found a stack overflow post  also reporting crashes using Chromium on x86 emulators, I'm thinking that's what was happening.
I think it might be safe to mark this one as RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE, but if you do end up recalling the scenario we'd love to take another look.
Also, XAP has gotten significant improvements over the last few months, I recommend giving it another shot!