Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Open File->New->File... dialog
2. Select the "C#->Misc" category and select the "Assembly Information" item
4. Observe that the "New" button is disabled, so the file cannot be created. This is incorrect behavior.
5. Select some other category. e.g. "C#->NUnit", but do not select an item.
6. Select the "C#->Misc" category and select the "Assembly Information" item
7. The New button is enabled correctly.
Alternatively, if in step 5 one does select an item, then the New button is enabled even though the name filed is blank. This is also incorrect behavior.
Fixed in git master