Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 2957 on
GitHub or Developer Community if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Created attachment 1224 [details]
Screenshot: wrong culture name
In Mono 2.10, System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture returns culture name "en-US" under German Windows.
Steps to reproduce:
* German Version of Microsoft Windows
* Mono 2.6 and Mono 2.10 installed
* run csharp in Mono Command Prompt (each version)
* execute following command: System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture;
* Mono 2.6 returns culture name "de-DE"
* Mono 2.10 returns culture name "en-US"
* Since it is a German version of Microsoft Windows, Mono 2.10.8 should return "de-DE" too
The issue was tested with Mono 2.6.7 and Mono 2.10.8. (see attachment)
This seems not to be an issue under Linux (tested with Mono 2.10.5 under Ubuntu Oneiric).
The problem is still present in Mono 2.11.3 Alpha
The problem is still present in Mono 3.0.1 Alpha!
Still seeing this in Mono 3.6