Bug 29141 - Test Name disappears in Unit Tests UI
Summary: Test Name disappears in Unit Tests UI
Status: VERIFIED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: NUnit ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-04-16 03:37 UTC by Galute
Modified: 2015-05-05 10:43 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description Galute 2015-04-16 03:37:38 UTC
This only seems to happen for long test names that go off the side of the UI.  When it does happen the mouse over tooltip box appears with no text and just the Red/Green bubble.  If the tooltip box was blank, when the mouse is moved and the tooltip box disappears, the text in the main Test UI is also left blank apart from the Red/Green bubble.  After a few seconds the Unit Test UI seems to be refreshed and the text reappears
Comment 1 Galute 2015-04-16 03:39:18 UTC
Xamarin Version 5.9 (build 427)

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Comment 2 Galute 2015-04-16 03:41:49 UTC
A bit more testing shows that the text only reappears when you move the mouse pointer across the Unit Tests UI.
Comment 3 Galute 2015-04-16 05:21:21 UTC
A bit more testing shows that the text only reappears when you move the mouse pointer across the Unit Tests UI.
Comment 4 Chris Hamons 2015-04-16 09:32:40 UTC
This sounds like a Xamarin Studio bug.
Comment 5 Ram Chandra 2015-05-04 13:33:09 UTC
I have checked this issue but I am unable to reproduce this issue.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/ORSzMN2kME

Could you please provide a sample test case? So that we can reproduce this issue at our end. If you have a chance, it might also be helpful to include IDE logs and environment info.

You can get the IDE logs from here:

Xamarin Studio => Help => Open Log Directory => Ide logs( Choose the logs with latest timestamp)

You can get environment Info from here:
Xamarin Studio => About Xamarin Studio =>Show Details => Copy Information.

Environment Info:

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9 (build 427)
Installation UUID: 3d25a767-a003-4a7d-9f5e-e57987cf6cf0
Runtime:
	Mono 4.0.1 ((detached/5a0b19f)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400010024

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.3 (7569)
Build 6D570

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.11.0.666 (Enterprise Edition)
Hash: b0e16b8
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-05-01 20:58:27-0400

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 5.1.99.236 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/mac360_xamarin/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3   (API level 10)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.4   (API level 19)
		5.0   (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 2.0.0.262 (Enterprise Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509000427
Git revision: 04666fd43a57b4782529cad9723ce1f54926fe6c
Build date: 2015-04-14 18:06:43-04
Xamarin addins: 791954691dfbc403676a103e52a0bb9754b9af29

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.0
Darwin mac360-xamarins-Mac-mini.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
    Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 6 Galute 2015-05-05 09:38:30 UTC
I've tried and failed to reproduce this problem.  I'm on build 431 now and I can only assume that it has been inadvertently fixed by a Xamarin update or something in an underlying OSx patch.

As far as I am concerned the problem is no longer there.  If you want to try and work out where the fix came from my environment info is below...

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9 (build 431)
Installation UUID: 0b82cf56-adc9-4fc0-9e24-31552d8927d1
Runtime:
	Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/d136b79)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400000143

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.3.1 (7703)
Build 6D1002

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Not Installed

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Not Installed

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Not Installed

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Not Installed

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509000431
Git revision: 7560726734fc7267de2fa9abed2509968deefaa8
Build date: 2015-04-17 19:25:48-04
Xamarin addins: 2e772c734ab3148054eae7bf8949f340fdeb5e5e

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.3
Darwin dev.local 14.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.3.0
    Mon Mar 23 11:59:05 PDT 2015
    root:xnu-2782.20.48~5/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 7 Ram Chandra 2015-05-05 10:42:55 UTC
@Galute: Thanks for the update.

As per comment 6, now this issue doesn't exist. Hence I am closing this issue. If you will this issue again, Please feel free to reopen this issue.