Bug 29012 - Xamarin Studio UI is in two different languages
Summary: Xamarin Studio UI is in two different languages
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: IDE localization ()
Version: 5.8
Hardware: PC Windows
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: master
Assignee: Marius Ungureanu
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-04-12 12:43 UTC by Jefferson Alves
Modified: 2017-10-18 13:17 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Parts in Portuguese (419.10 KB, image/png)
2015-04-12 12:43 UTC, Jefferson Alves
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Jefferson Alves 2015-04-12 12:43:43 UTC
Created attachment 10726 [details]
Parts in Portuguese

Description of Problem:
Xamarin UI is in two languages. By default my Microsoft Windows OS is in Brazilian Portuguese, but I prefer Xamarin Studio in English (like all my development tools) but Xamarin Studio is mixing languages, part in English and another portion in Portuguese. 

In Xamarin Studio Options, I choose english language, I have restarted, Xamarin and my computer, and updated xamarin studio to the lastest version, but without any success.

In that way the UI is a completely mess. 

Please solve this bug.
Comment 1 Prashant manu 2015-06-09 05:16:54 UTC
We have checked and getting same behavior. Setting User Interface language doesn't shows all options in that language.
Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/WqQmg6Wg

Supplement Info:
IDE Log: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/600a188a30ce776fcf6b

Environment Info:
Xamarin Studio
Version 5.9.4 (build 4)
Installation UUID: a11fadb0-d7b1-4e4b-b5dd-787b243e880f
Runtime:
	Microsoft .NET 4.0.30319.0
	GTK+ 2.24.22 (MS-Windows theme)
	GTK# 2.12.26

Xamarin.Android
Version: 5.1.4 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: E:\android-sdk
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3    (API level 10)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_67
java version "1.7.0_67"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

Xamarin Android Player
Version: 0.3.7.2
Location: C:\Program Files\Xamarin Android Player\DeviceManager.exe

Build Information
Release ID: 509040004
Git revision: 0c8e73f6b66e066a642724a8241a0998b6329180
Build date: 2015-06-08 09:18:35-04
Xamarin addins: 7e93e9c3503f28770f23ce1b7eafd829919f18e8

Operating System
Windows 6.1.7601.65536 (64-bit)
Comment 2 Marius Ungureanu 2017-10-18 13:17:01 UTC
This used to be a problem due to missing translated strings in our database. This is now fixed.