Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) Create a new ASP.NET project.
2) Add a Master Page with Code Behind.
3) Make a small change to the master page, say add some white space, then save the master page.
Master page Designer.cs file updated with fields for content place holder tag.
No field created. If you add another asp tag (say asp:Button with runat server) after the contentplaceholder code is not generated for the button.
To have the place holder field created the case of the asp tag in the master page needs to be changed.
<asp:contentplaceholder id="contentPlaceHolder" runat="server" />
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="contentPlaceHolder" runat="server" />
So a quick fix would be to fix the file template.
I am assuming that the lower case version is valid so possibly a better fix would be to support code generation for the tag even if the case does not match. Currently the code looks up the type based on the name in the asp tag and the case must exactly match otherwise the type is not found.
This should be fixed in:
Xamarin Studio 188.8.131.522 (master branch)
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce this issue at my end.
Screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/Rloz71b8wfFm
To verify this issue I have checked this issue with latest C7 build both on Mac and Windows Environment.
Now this issue is working fine.
Here is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/R9bKECmN
Hence closing this issue.