Bug 28965 - ScrollToAsync animation starts at position 0 instead of current position using a horizontal scrollview
Summary: ScrollToAsync animation starts at position 0 instead of current position usin...
Alias: None
Product: Forms
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Forms ()
Version: 1.4.1
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Rui Marinho
Depends on:
Reported: 2015-04-10 03:38 UTC by fiets444
Modified: 2015-10-12 07:45 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

Tags: android functionality AC
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Sample application showing the bug (4.57 MB, application/zip)
2015-04-10 03:38 UTC, fiets444

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description fiets444 2015-04-10 03:38:30 UTC
Created attachment 10709 [details]
Sample application showing the bug

A bug in ScrollToAsync occurs in Android. When ScrollToAsync is called on a horizontal ScrollView the animation always jumps back to position 0 in the ScrollView instead of current position.

Behaviour looks fine in vertical scrollview and iOS.

Relevant topic on Xamarin Forum (with code example):
Comment 1 Parmendra Kumar 2015-04-10 06:35:33 UTC
I have checked this issue with attached sample and I am getting same behavior mentioned in the bug description.

Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/9WJIuV6d

Application Output: https://gist.github.com/Parmendrak/c26a6d4944537b30ce08
Buildoutput: https://gist.github.com/Parmendrak/1f8bf2e36df06bb88350
IDELog: https://gist.github.com/Parmendrak/ba334836703903a67d47

Emvironment info:

Xamarin.forms: 1.4.2-pre2

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.9 (build 413)
Installation UUID: 1a096c6f-0678-402e-89b2-a2c10f7e80e4
	Mono 4.0.0 ((detached/f42a83b)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 400000140

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Build 6C131e

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: (Business Edition)
Hash: 4d68c9a
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-04-08 15:29:02-0400

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/360_macmini/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3    (API level 10)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_31-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.31-b07, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 509000413
Git revision: b0c079ecc81a2d566afe6e91b51db0c623790eba
Build date: 2015-04-09 07:35:12-04
Xamarin addins: 3318abb5408167d16017b90756d5bad9c2fe79fd

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.4
Darwin ShrutiMac.local 13.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0
    Tue Jun  3 21:27:35 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 2 Rui Marinho 2015-08-14 16:45:44 UTC
Should be fixed in 1.5.0-pre2
Comment 3 Rui Marinho 2015-08-21 18:59:41 UTC
Correction pushed to 1.5.1-pre1.
Comment 4 Parmendra Kumar 2015-10-12 07:45:26 UTC
I have checked this issue with Xamarin.Forms 1.5.1-pre1 and its working fine.

Hence closing this issue.