Bug 27962 - Xamarin Studio crashes when creating new Xaml Forms Page
Summary: Xamarin Studio crashes when creating new Xaml Forms Page
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Xamarin.Forms Add-in ()
Version: 5.8
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: master
Assignee: Jason Smith [MSFT]
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-03-12 11:02 UTC by frederik.smolders
Modified: 2017-05-10 23:39 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
OSX crash report (96.73 KB, text/rtf)
2015-03-12 11:02 UTC, frederik.smolders
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description frederik.smolders 2015-03-12 11:02:03 UTC
Created attachment 10296 [details]
OSX crash report

When I create a new Xaml Page (in a Xamarin Forms shared project), Xamarin Studio crashes every single time. When I open Xamarin Studio again, the files are created correctly however, and I can open the xaml and cs without a problem.

I create the file with rightclick on a folder >> Add >> New file >> Forms >> Forms ContentPage Xaml.

I'm currently running OSX Yosemite 10.10.2.
Comment 1 Atin 2015-03-16 07:09:09 UTC
Hi Frederik,

I have tried to reproduce this issue after following the steps mentioned in Bug description but not able to reproduce it. We are successfully able to Add Forms ContentPage Xaml file.

Could you please provide your Xamarin build info via Xamarin Studio->About Xamarin Studio->Show Details->Copy Information and ide logs via Help->Open Log directory->ide logs ?

Environment info:=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.8 (build 443)
Installation UUID: 91997f85-0008-4b4c-9f53-c7f991fcdae3
Runtime:
	Mono 3.12.1 ((detached/b7764aa)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 312010000

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Build 6C131e

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: 8.8.0.2 (Business Edition)
Hash: ccfcd59
Branch: 
Build date: 2015-03-10 02:20:32-0400

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.20.0.37 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/360_macmini/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1    (API level 7)
		2.2    (API level 8)
		2.3    (API level 10)
		3.1    (API level 12)
		4.0    (API level 14)
		4.0.3  (API level 15)
		4.1    (API level 16)
		4.2    (API level 17)
		4.3    (API level 18)
		4.4    (API level 19)
		4.4.87 (API level 20)
		5.0    (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin Android Player ===

Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

=== Xamarin.Mac ===

Version: 1.10.0.21 (Business Edition)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 508000443
Git revision: 73883239470cbe8e261c94d95f7c3d0452fd393b
Build date: 2015-03-10 07:22:51-04
Xamarin addins: a2ff7b617f09d9c45d8bbf3d010b5db0d7d36100

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.10.2
Darwin Apples-iMac.local 14.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.1.0
    Mon Dec 22 23:10:38 PST 2014
    root:xnu-2782.10.72~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 2 Kirill Osenkov 2017-05-10 23:39:08 UTC
Unfortunately we don't have enough information about this bug so we have to resolve this. Please attach the Ide.log if it still happens for you. Thanks.