Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 10272 [details]
Sample of Issue
Attached project exhibits the issue:
In the AppDelegate.cs file, there is a System.Timers.Timer object to log a message to the console every 5 seconds, and then also create a task that sits in a loop that calls Task.Delay(5000). Initially everything is fine but after 10-15 loops, they begin taking 15 seconds and eventually they both seem to return from sleep/get called simultaneously at 15 second intervals.
I can reproduce this with JUST the timer or task, but wanted to demonstrate that it effects more than just one type of timer.
Created attachment 10273 [details]
Sample Console output displaying the change in results over time
I just realized the project is referencing MonoMac, and is not part of the unified API. Upon upgrading this issue is no longer exhibited. This can be closed
I've been unable to reproduce this on XM 184.108.40.206 using the attached sample. Could you test it out again and see if you're still having issues with it?
I just updated to 5.8.2 in the alpha channel and can still reproduce the issue. Here's my info:
Version 5.8.2 (build 5)
Installation UUID: 3ecdda6d-fd0e-4e5d-bafa-e96dee903a6d
Mono 3.12.1 ((detached/b63df7d)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 312010002
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 6.2 (6776)
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Starter Edition)
Build date: 2015-03-20 06:51:49-0400
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Starter Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/joshferguson/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.4 (API level 19)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)
Xamarin Android Player
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Trial Edition)
Release ID: 508020005
Git revision: 541c06a4f6c95383333375d56fd6c23ce48cb916
Build date: 2015-03-20 09:23:08-04
Xamarin addins: 02510c4990dee3475c282b3182d588975a63ff07
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Darwin Retina-MacBook-Pro.local 14.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.3.0
Mon Mar 16 23:12:31 PDT 2015
It appears app nap was affecting perforance
_activity = NSProcessInfo.ProcessInfo.BeginActivity(NSActivityOptions.Background | NSActivityOptions.LatencyCritical, "GoDriveProcessing”);
appears to smooth out behavior and run without the delay after a time.
I believe ^ solves your issue. Please reopen if you have additional questions on this issue.