Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When setting a label width based on screen size in a listview, the height calculated for the label seems correct, but the content is cropped. It seems the top & bottom padding is added whenever the content is cropped.
- Open WorkingWithListview sample attached.
- Open app in iOS simulator and click on UnevenX tab.
- Except for the first row, all other rows have cropped text as part of the 'To be or not to be' quote.
Created attachment 10141 [details]
Solution for bug
I have tried this issue and able to reproduce this issue at my end.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Download the attached application.
2. Run the application on simulator/Device.
3. Click on UnevenX tab.
4. Tab on second,third row and so on.It will show cropped text.
IOS Device Log: https://gist.github.com/AkhileshKumar01/b916e9cc1803e966c80f
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.7.2 (build 7)
Installation UUID: 93e693b0-b53d-40f4-b29c-b61ff5cbe892
Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/b8f5055)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 312000077
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.1 (6604)
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Enterprise Edition)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2015-02-26 11:05:07-0500
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin23/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 507020007
Git revision: dcf3f486177d3e625349b51a8f3be807e3fa7712
Build date: 2015-02-24 09:14:27-05
Xamarin addins: ea7c65bb7876e4a876ab365208e94acdf8f330ef
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.0
Darwin 800BC.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
I have confirmed your issue. Updating Xamarin Forms 1.4.2 (current stable) seemed to resolve the issue. I'm marking the issue as resolved.