Bug 27586 - Entitlement for Personal VPN creates wrong dictionary entry
Summary: Entitlement for Personal VPN creates wrong dictionary entry
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: iOS ()
Version: 3.9
Hardware: PC Windows
: Low normal
Target Milestone: 4.2.0 (C8)
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2015-03-03 02:55 UTC by Sébastien
Modified: 2016-07-04 13:22 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Sébastien 2015-03-03 02:55:07 UTC
When you enable Personal VPN in the property editor a wrong dictionary key will be created:

It creates:

Required for a successful build/deployment the matching key from the provisioning profile is required.
So it should be:
<key>com.apple.developer.networking.vpn.api</key> // a dot instead of the minus: vpn.api

Otherwise it cause problems with the provisioning profile and your app will not be build or deployed.

This can be easily fixed by editing the entitlement file manually in text mode.

I'm using Visual Studio 2013 with the Xamarin Plugin
Comment 1 xamarin-release-manager 2016-05-18 19:29:05 UTC
Fixed in version (master)

Author: joj
Commit: aacd45bdf0eaf6f188844988da609758f7555afe (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Comment 2 abhi 2016-07-04 13:22:19 UTC
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce this issue with the following build:Xamarin.VisualStudio_3.11.6


Terminal Output: https://gist.github.com/abhisheks360/d74fa0082b20f6c67519b10a6eb97a76


To Verify this issue I have checked with Latest master build:
Xamarin.VisualStudio_99.0.0.2789_5cddab2b16f0fc254cc353949dfc8288754f94f1. Observe that this issue is working fine. 

Here is the Screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/qxqxJPHPh

Here is the Terminal Output: https://gist.github.com/abhisheks360/7fdea22f5c6473052bee4dc08f37eba8

Hence I closing this issue.