Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When using a UITableViewController and providing the section index titles within the data source (string SectionIndexTitles(UITableView tableView)), everything works as expected – the index on the right side appears correctly.
When using the exact same setup but with a custom UITableView, which is then added to a UIViewController, the SectionIndexTitles method in the data source object is still being called, but the index won't appear anymore.
A workaround is to create a whole new UITableViewController and using it's TableView object as one would do with the table view itself, but I think in the latter case the index should be appearing, too.
(I can't deliver a failing test right now, but it's easy to reproduce.)
I could not reproduce the behaviour you stated here: "When using the exact same setup but with a custom UITableView, which is then
added to a UIViewController, the SectionIndexTitles method in the data source
object is still being called, but the index won't appear anymore."
As I am also using a custom UITableView and a datasource and still see the index.
I provided the relevant test case.
Please let me know if i missed some key information or something.
Created attachment 10182 [details]
This is the test case used by Paola to try to reproduce the issue.
Thanks Paola for creating the test case. I took a look but can't reproduce it neither. I also tried to reproduce it in my production code, here it still fails like described. But maybe it's something related to MvvmCross, as I am using a MvxSimpleTableViewSource here. No idea how we could move forward here, so it's okay to consider it done.
I will close it but feel free to reopen it if you find a way (for us) to reproduce it :)