Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
From the Xamarin forum:
This morning I installed the Xamarin Android Player preview (Mac version). I have an Indie Xamarin.Android subscription. I am logged-in to my account in Xamarin Studio (I even logged-out and then back in).
When I launch "Xamarin Android Player.app" I get "A Xamarin.Android subscription is required to use this beta". See attached screenshot. Also attaching screenshot of "About Xamarin Studio".
I also tried restarting my Mac.
Able to replicate this by launching XAP as a user other than the one who installed it.
Just an FYI on the previous comment (replicating issue by launching as other than installing user): I *was* the user that installed XAP on my Mac. I am the only user on my Mac, aside from the admin user. The admin account has never even logged-in, much less installed anything.
However, having said that, my account is a "Standard" account (in Users & Groups, "Allow user to administer this computer" is NOT checked). This is standard practice in the Mac world. I know on Windows it is common (for developers at least) to have user accounts set as administrator. A Mac is very very usable without logging in as an admin, so it's prudent not to do so.
Whenever I try to do something that requires admin rights, I get a dialog asking for admin credentials. Some install *do* require admin rights to do their thing. I don't remember how the XAP install went, but perhaps I was required to give the admin credentials and the the install proceeded from that point as if I was the admin user.
Version 0.3.7 should fix this issue