Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I've got a portable forms app that I'm developing on MacOS X 10.10.2. The debugger crashes when debugging into shared code only when that code is being run on the iPhone hardware.
Here are the scenarios I have tried:
* If I start the app as an Android app and run it on my Galaxy S3, I can start the app and step into the shared forms code just fine. No issues.
* If I start the app as an iOS app and run it on the iPhone simulator as iPhone 4s with iOS 8.1, I can start the app and step into the shared code just fine. No issues.
* If I start the app as an iOS app and run it on the iPhone simulator as iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1, I can start the app and step into the shared code just fine. No issues.
* On my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.3, I can start the app and stop at a breakpoint in the main AppDelegate, but the debugger immediately crashes if I step into the App constructor code. This is the scenario with the bug.
It is also worth noting that if I run the app on the iPhone 6 hardware WITHOUT stepping into the shared code in the debugger, then the code runs fine without crashing.
What xamarin.ios version is this ? Also, how can we reproduce the problem ?
From the Xamarin About screen:
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Indie Edition)
Build date: 2015-01-24 09:42:21-0500
In terms of reproducing the problem, tell me the best way to get that to you. I have just started Xamarin development within the last few days so all of the packages should be the latest. The only thing that I did that I can think of that was abnormal was that I downloaded a bunch of old Android SDK files using the Android SDK manager, but I wouldn't expect that to affect iOS. If you'd like we can do a screenshare from my dev machine so you can see what happens.
Sometime a screencast can help but, for most cases like this, it's better if we can have a test case (e.g. you app or a subset of the application) that can reproduce the issue.
We have not received the requested information. If you are still experiencing this issue please provide all the requested information and re-open the bug report. Thanks!