Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I create a Solution (Unified -> IPad) on Mac using Xamarin Studio. My Installed Version are
Version 5.7 (build 661)
Installation UUID: 8dfae893-2fb0-4735-ad88-d0c9462c67bf
Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/a813491)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 312000068
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 6.1.1 (6611)
Version: 184.108.40.206 (Trial Edition)
Build date: 2015-01-08 13:39:32-0500
Then I Add -> New File -> IPad View Controller (Name is FirstView)
It will Create following Files as mentioned below
FirstView.cs -> FirstView.designer.cs
In the FirstView.designer.cs File It still adds name space using MonoTouch.Foundation; rather than using Foundation;
It will leads to the following problems
1. Unable to build the solution
2. When we open this file in xcode by double clicking on it. FirstView.h and FirstView.m files are not there and we were unable to create outlets
Solution. If in FirstView.designer.cs we use Using Foundation; All works fine.
So please remove this Bug Thanks
this will be fixed in 5.8
I am able to reproduce this issue with XS 5.7.661 and observed that this issue is fixed in XS 5.8(build 786) as shown in screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/paXKyVNM
Hence closing this issue.
I have checked this issue again with latest XS of Service Release 2 i.e. XS 220.127.116.11 and observed that the fixed patch has been merged to release branch.