Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 26230 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
I've got three solutions and four projects (with each solution having it's own project as normal) and every solution including the same shared PCL project as follows:
As you can see I've created a cross platform game using CocosSharp with the game being completely cross-platform using the shared project included within a solution for each supported platform.
What I did was from my game.iOS.sln in Xamarin Studio was to push it to my empty repo. This correctly included the shared project and correctly included the .sln file. All good.
What I then did was to open up my game.Android.sln in Xamarin Studio (and before you ask my game.WinPhone.sln is a Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition project which I won't be opening using Xamarin Studio) and it remembered that my version control was Git and it remembered my active repo so I went to add the solution to Version Control but there's no option.
All I can do in the Android solution within Xamarin Studio is to add all of the individual files one at a time. But, of course, this does not allow me to add the .sln or .csproj files for Android - oh dear!
In the mean time I'll see if I can get my additional files added to the repo using a different GIT client or via command line.
Note: This bug has been filed at the request of one of the Xamarin forum guys over at http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/98396#Comment_98396
This need to be fixed or you need to mention in the documentation that Visual Studio for Mac supports only a single solution per repo