Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) Ensure simulator is not running
2) Run and debug an app in monodevelop. This launches the simulator.
3) Once app is running, press the home button to background it.
4) Go back to MonoDevelop and click the 'Stop' button in the "Application Output" pane
5) Now try to debug the app in the simulator again.
You get this error dialog - "The connection with the debugger has been lost. The target application may have exited"
Fixed in 7982b5f16.