Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
https://developer.android.com/reference/org/apache/http/impl/auth/BasicScheme.html is not present in the bindings.
It's not in the bindings because "impl" is in the package name, implying "implementation detail", implying "why are you using this?".
Eno: Should we bind this?
I did see the "impl" package but the class is documented and useful, for example for http://stackoverflow.com/a/10752723.
I've hit the same thing with org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient.
There are handful of API that cannot be bound but we can bind the most of the *.impl API.
I have a fix but I'd wait for some check by other devs.
Applied the change so the API will appear in the later releases (post-5.0). Thanks for the report.
By the way it comes with some limitation: AbstractHttpClient.createClientRequestDirector() and DefaultRequestDirector constructor are not bound (tooling issue; we should fix those too at some stage).
I have checked this issue with following builds:
Windows 6.2.9200.0 (64-bit)
Xamarin Studio: 5.9 (build 464)
Xamarin.Android : 5.1.0 (Business Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 509000464
Git revision: 97f3c43266a4abe2dff0a31b1afb976de897d099
Build date: 2015-05-04 07:57:21-04
Xamarin addins: 438f3e4b8352e006958552de07c6f54770c9233c
Now, the "BasicSchema" is bind under the "Org.Apache.Http.Impl.Auth" namespace.
This issue has been fixed. Hence I am closing this issue.