Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Perform full system reset of Mac Mini 2014 (1.4Ghz i5) to start from scratch.
2. Install Xcode and run it once to ensure it's working
3. Go to Xamarin.com, download web installer and install.
4. Start Xamarin Studio and ensure there are no outstanding updates needed.
5. Start Xamarin Build Host click pair to get the pairing number and close pairing number dialog
On the PC:
1. Start Visual Studio 2013, go to Tools->Options->Xamarin->iOS
2. Click "Check Updates" to ensure you're at the latest version.
3. Click "Mac Build Host" to find your buildAtt host.
4. Click "Connect" and enter pairing number. Connection successful (Note: If I were to hit "diagnose" at this step, all but the SDK version would match and be fine, but from that point forward nothing would work until VS restart due to "multiple hosts" error).
5. Click "Check SDK Version" link, which is now active
6. Dialog appears showing SDK mismatch. Clicking that dialog allows you to fix the problem, causing the UAC dialog for admin access and shutting down Visual Studio. Nothing happens after that.
7. Restarting visual studio has the same problem. Attempting to get simulator to work will fail if you somehow manage to get it to be active momentarily.
Build log and version information: https://gist.github.com/prashantvc/e52a6002c8f01a5aca4e
Given that old Xamarin Build Host is deprecated, please confirm that this bug is not happening anymore in XMA with latest bits, so we can mark the issue as resolved
As we've introduced several improvements around VS/Mac connectivity and the iOS build system, I'll mark the bug as resolved fixed.
Please feel free to reopen it if you can still reproduce the issue with current bits.