Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
This issue likely effects all time zones that begin at the end of one year, and span into the next. It appears that the End value being returned on Android is the value that should be returned for the _next_ year, not the current one.
Repro (requires current tz to be set to AEST, e.g. Sydney):
> var tz = TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone.GetDaylightChanges (2014);
> Console.WriteLine ("dst: " + dst.Start.ToString ("g") + " -> " + dst.End.ToString ("g"));
c# console project output:
> dst: 10/5/2014 2:00 AM -> 4/6/2014 3:00 AM
android project output:
> dst: 10/5/2014 12:00 AM -> 4/5/2014 12:00 AM
OSX Yosemite / Australian Eastern Time
XA master / f6fc4576
I have checked this issue with the help of instructions provided in bug description and below are my observations.
C# console project output:
> dst: 05-10-2014 02:00 -> 06-04-2014 03:00
Android project output:
> dst: 01/01/2014 00:00 -> 05/04/2014 00:00
Screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/YDvf1wQn
Note : Checked with 'Australian Eastern Daylight Time (Sydney)'.
Environment Info :
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.5.2 (build 3)
Installation UUID: 0b7eaebc-a0ed-4b58-81df-91e378cad28c
Mono 3.10.0 ((detached/e204655)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 310000023
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.1 (6602)
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 4.18.0 (Starter Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/Admin_Mac/Desktop/Anddk/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
3.2 (API level 13)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
4.5 (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 505020003
Git revision: 6d4c806e383ba366b15fbccca9ddc1ba94f8d5ad
Build date: 2014-10-15 15:00:36-04
Xamarin addins: 069ddd29bb70a42238142eee9bac21a5e4b2f9f9
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.0
Darwin Admin-Macs-Mac-mini.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
This is a regression from a previously stable XA 4.14.
Created attachment 8483 [details]
Current screenshot of http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/au/edt.html
@PeterC: I suspect you've actually found a desktop Mono bug. Or something.
May I direct you to:
Attachment #8483 [details].
In the top-right, it states:
> Sydney will stay on AEDT until Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 3:00 AM
> when clocks are moved to Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 02:00:00AEST
Notice that "April 5, 2015 at 3:00 AM" is *exactly* what Xamarin.Android returns (after monodroid/8b57fd84 / Bug #23949):
> dst: 10/5/2014 2:00 AM -> 4/5/2014 3:00 AM
Thus, AFAICT Xamarin.Android is providing correct information, and this bug is invalid.
My analysis in Comment #4 is incorrect; .NET uses the year provided to TimeZone.GetDaylightChanges() for both the start and end dates, which we weren't doing.
Fixed in monodroid/38adb0ef.
I have checked this issue with XA 22.214.171.124 and I am getting following output :
for console app
dst: 05-10-2014 02:00 -> 06-04-2014 03:00
for android app
dst: 05/10/2014 02:00 -> 06/04/2014 03:00
the output is same in both console and android app after using code in bug description.
Hence closing this issue.