Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Xamarin Forms v126.96.36.19943
Using SearchBar crashes Android apps targeting API level 15 and 14
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the FormsGallery solution (http://developer.xamarin.com/samples/FormsGallery/)
- Update packages in the projects (to get latest Xamarin.Forms version, etc): FormsGallery & FormsGallery.Android.
- Set config to "Debug"
- Set startup project to FormsGallery.Android.
- Set the FormsGallery.Android "Build->General" project options "Target framework" to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (API 14) or Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (API 15)
- Android Application -> Minimum Android Version and Target Android version set to "Automatic - use target framework version"
- Build & run (On device or Emulator)
- Select SearchBar form the list
However, when we change the "Target framework" to Android 4.1 (API 16), the app works as expected
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce this. To reproduce this I have followed the steps mentioned in bug description.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download attached sample project (FormsGallery) and open in XS
2. Update packages in project and set Application config "Debug"
3. Set startup project to FormsGallery.Android
4. Set the FormsGallery.Android "Build->General" project options "Target framework" to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (API 14) or Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (API 15)
5. Set Minimum and Target Android version to "Automatic - use target framework version"
6. Build and deploy it on device OR emulator
7. Click on 'Image' observe that its working fine
8. Now click on 'SearchBar' observe that Application crashes.
I observed that when we set "Target framework" to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (API 14) or Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (API 15) application crash when we click on 'SearchBar'. I also observed that when we set "Target framework" to Android 4.1 (API 16) the application does't crash when we click on 'SearchBar', works as expected.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.3 (build 441)
Installation UUID: 011d70a5-dede-428b-ab04-ef451c2e539d
Mono 3.8.0 ((no/45d0ba1)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 308000009
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 5.1 (5084)
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 188.8.131.52 (Enterprise Edition)
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 4.16.0 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/MM/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
3.2 (API level 13)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
4.5 (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 184.108.40.206 (Enterprise Edition)
Build date: 2014-08-26 07:59:55-0400
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 503000441
Git revision: befb6aa1176d37a5f678f4274f340a0159091b7a
Build date: 2014-09-08 17:57:02-04
Xamarin addins: 6dc7c388e31fdfc8014689839d37de0d4622435c
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.4
Darwin MacMini.local 13.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0
Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014
Target framework should not be set any lower than Latest. This is what Xamarin.Forms supports. Minimum version should be set to API 14.