Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 7907 [details]
I added an image view in a storyboard and assigned it an image. When deployed to an iPhone 5, the image does not appear in the widget. See the included test case.
This is using XS from master.
Just to be clear it's not a blocker, i.e. we won't block the 8.0 same-day release for this (even if unsolved).
Is this a port of an existing Apple sample ? if so do you have a link to it ?
I do not think it's complete, i.e. it's not enough to put the .storyboard in the Info.plist
It''s created from our project template. I updated the architecture and app ids in the container project and the extension. The project template shipped with a UILabel in the storyboard. That worked. Then I deleted the UILabel and added the image view and the image. (I was suspecting something could be incorrect with the auto layout constraints)
I included a similar Xcode project for comparison.
Created attachment 7909 [details]
Xcode test case
Created attachment 7914 [details]
another test case - this one works from Xamarin Studio
Here's another test case, where I added the image view just like in the version that doesn't work. In this case however, I left the original label that is included in the extension's storyboard via the XS project template. This case works as expected.
Still not certain if it's a mistake I'm making or a bug.
I'm leaning toward mistake.
- I can't see anything wrong with the code;
- If I copy the storyboard from the 2nd to 1st project then it works as expected
I'm a bit constraints-limited ;-) but I think the content of the original simply has no height (and maybe no width) and that's why nothing gets shown.
If you find anything, beside the storyboard, that could explain this (or is unexplained) then please re-open the bug and I'll have a 2nd look.