Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Changes to the "Storyboard Document Inspector -> Builds for" field cannot be saved.
Based on bug 21988, it sounds like this might already be fixed.
## Steps to reproduce
1. Create a new "Visual C# -> iOS -> Universal -> Single View App (iOS)" project in Visual Studio.
2. Open either of the storyboards in the iOS Designer.
3. Click in an empty region of the storyboard (outside any view controllers).
4. Set "Builds for" to a value other than "Project Deployment Target" in the Properties window under "Widget [tab] Storyboard Document -> Builds for".
5. Optionally change something else in the storyboard (for example add a new button to the view controller).
6. Save the storyboard, and close it.
7. Re-open the storyboard.
After step 7, the "Builds for" field still says "Project Deployment Target".
## Expected result
After step 7, the "Builds for" field shows the new value that was set during step 4.
## Version information
Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199 (77efa3f)
XamarinVS 3.5.55 (2db5ccd2)
This was reasonably serious as the issue affected multiple properties which used ComboBoxes in the panel. For example some simulated metrics were probably broken too.
Fixed in master https://github.com/xamarin/md-addins/commit/63424fcd80f61b2fc415b5b29e6103d94662c9d3
and monodevelop-5.4-branch https://github.com/xamarin/md-addins/commit/7a03af458809820a6ad9af3ebf1b9184b79efba3
I have checked this issue by following steps mention in bug description with XVS 3.6.239 + X.iOS 188.8.131.52 and we are not getting this issue any more as shown in screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/LqhTX0Xw
Hence closing this issue.