Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
XS: Version 5.4 (build 150)
Xamarin.iOS: Version: 184.108.40.206 (Enterprise Edition)
When I test Action Extension template app doesn't build
Looks like template is incorrect. It calls UIApplication.InitSyncContext () but there is no InitSyncContext method. But another method with similar name exists:
public new static void Init ()
You can play with https://github.com/xamarin/private-samples/tree/master/ExtensionTest/ActionExtension
Is it incorrect template or missed method in Xamarin.iOS ?
It's a missing method in Xamarin.iOS... they replaced it with another method (not sure if it is Init() or not).
I'm waiting to hear back about what method the templates should call instead.
The templates are bad. `UIApplication.InitSyncContext` existed for a mere 10 minutes before Miguel renamed it to `Init`.
It will be replaced (whenever I can get back to this) with `NSExtension.Initialize ();` so hold your breath a little longer :-)
> NSExtension.Initialize ();
is in the newer builds, assuming you're on ios8-7.4.0 it's b5188507634cc4251319b51c82b92f612bf0e7a1
Awesome, thanks Sebastien! I'll update the templates...
fixed in git master in monodevelop revision 798af87bc105d51d89e81096def2d057c4d5c4d4
Cool. It works.
Because of this I change status to Verified Fixed