Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
We have several activities with MainLauncher=true,Enabled=false. We have a single activity with MainLauncher=true,Enabled=true. When I renamed this class, the Xamarin debuggger could not launch our main activity. Once I removed all of the classes with MainLauncher=true,Enabled=false, the debugger started working again. The debugger originally stopped working because after the rename, the actual main activity showed up lower in the AndroidManifest.xml.
I have tried to reproduce this issue but not able to reproduce this. To reproduce this issue I have followed the steps mentioned below.
1. Create a simple android app.
2. Add 3 activities in app with 'MainLauncher=true,Enabled=false' and one activity with 'MainLauncher=true,Enabled=true'.
3. Deploy the application on emulator successfully.
4. Stop the app and rename the class for the added single activity with 'MainLauncher=true,Enabled=true'.
5. Deploy the app on emulator successfully.
Screencast : http://screencast.com/t/sxbCPomul2bI
Please let me know if I missed any step to reproduce this issue.
Environment Info :
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.2.1 (build 1)
Installation UUID: ce927b2a-2c07-44c5-b186-09cfdafba6dc
Mono 3.6.0 ((no/f540f8a)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 306000039
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 4.16.0 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarin76/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
1.6 (API level 4)
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
3.2 (API level 13)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 5.1.1 (5085)
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Business Edition)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2014-08-01 15:27:48-0400
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 502010001
Git revision: d06832ce9807d6be24aca225457e8b37c7669f6f
Build date: 2014-08-07 12:10:47-04
Xamarin addins: 1de032531be4cecf2f39dbee3b87aac78204058c
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.3
Darwin Xamarin76s-Mac-mini.local 13.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0
Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014
Unfortunately, we’re unable to reproduce this report. If this issue is still occurring for you, please reopen this issue and attach a reproduction to the bug by starting with a clean Xamarin.Android project adding just the code necessary to demonstrate the issue.