Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Open Visual Studio 2012 Update 2
2. Create a new Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Shared) project or Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Portable) project
3. Right click on the Components folder in either the Android or IOS project and select "Get more Components"
4. Add the SignalR (or any other) component
Expected result: Component will be added and references for the component will be in the References folder.
Actual Result: A popup appears saying "Web Page cannot be displayed" and (Unresolved) appears next to the Component name in the Components folder.
See screencast: http://screencast.com/t/cZYN702zd
Closing and re-opening the solution before trying to add the component allows the component to be added as expected when the solution is re-opened.
Closing and re-opening the solution after trying to add the component resolves the issue, i.e. the component is in the Components folder without the "Unresolved" message and the component is referenced in the References folder.
Note: This works as expected in Xamarin Studio on the Mac.
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce this. To reproduce this issue I have followed the steps mentioned in bug description. I have checked this issue with Xamarin version 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 and getting same behavior with both versions.
Screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/U9IlM9igj
Environment Info :
Xamarin 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
Xamarin.iOS Build Host 220.127.116.11
Assigning to Enzo to verify/close, since I don't think this happens anymore.
can't reproduce 18.104.22.1686