Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Regression: The "Build -> Build Adhoc IPA" menu item is always disabled in Xamarin 3.3.47.
## Steps to reproduce (on Xamarin 3.3.47)
1. Create a new "Single View App (iPhone)".
2. Set the build configuration to "Ad-Hoc".
3. If you like, choose an Ad-Hoc provisioning profile under "Project Properties -> iOS Bundle Signing", and then make sure the "Project Properties -> iOS Application -> Identifier" matches the provisioning profile.
4. Select the project in the Solution Explorer.
5. Perform the local build phase by choosing "Build -> Build ProjectName". (See also bug 16867)
6. Open the "Build" menu, and notice that "Build Adhoc IPA" is disabled.
## Expected result (as seen on Xamarin 3.1.228)
The "Build Adhoc IPA" menu is enabled, and allows the user to successfully build an IPA.
Use the "Tools -> iOS -> Publish iOS App" menu item instead. One small possible "disadvantage" of this workaround is that it always opens "Application Loader" on the build host after it completes.
Maybe the "Build Adhoc IPA" menu item is no longer connected to any code? In that case, perhaps the menu item can be removed entirely, and a note can be added on the release notes to point out that "Publish iOS App" should be used instead.
We have tried to reproduce this issue and we are getting the same behavior. "Build Adhoc API" option under Build menu is getting disabled.
Xamarin for Visual Studion 188.8.131.52
Build Host info:
As per Bug 22381 Now feature has changed and user can create IPA file using Build->Build Project.
I have checked this thing and getting same behavior when configuration is set to Ad-hoc and build the project, It creates IPA file on build host.
I have check it with following builds:
Hence closing this Issue now.