Bug 21801 - Missing System dlls
Summary: Missing System dlls
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Mono runtime / AOT Compiler ()
Version: 4.14.0
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jonathan Pryor
Depends on:
Reported: 2014-08-04 15:18 UTC by Randy
Modified: 2014-11-05 05:10 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

screenshot (411.02 KB, image/png)
2014-08-04 15:18 UTC, Randy
Project file for zing (20.59 KB, application/octet-stream)
2014-08-06 12:47 UTC, Randy

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Randy 2014-08-04 15:18:29 UTC
Created attachment 7579 [details]

After updating Xamarin.Android, I see that that my projects are showing errors on the various System.XXX references. I don't know if this is new our I just noticed it since I'm not getting warnings about using the old Google Maps classes

It appears those classes were moved into Mono.Android. I don't get any errors when compiling the shown projects.

However if I remove the System references, the generated Resource.designer.cs file will get a compile error since the indicated attribute class (System.CodeDom) is not found.
Comment 1 Jonathan Pryor 2014-08-04 17:22:47 UTC
What is the complete error message? It's truncated:

> Assembly not found for framework...

Which framework is it trying to use?
Comment 2 Randy 2014-08-05 10:16:33 UTC
"Assembly not found for framework Xamarin.Android V4.0"
Comment 3 Jonathan Pryor 2014-08-05 10:32:22 UTC
I'm fairly sure that this is a Xamarin Studio bug; it looks like a variation on Bug #20402.

Which Xamarin Studio version are you using?
Comment 4 Randy 2014-08-06 12:42:10 UTC
=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 5.2 (build 386)
Installation UUID: c08cf672-27aa-44d1-af29-e88361c5e9dc
	Mono 3.6.0 ((no/f540f8a)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 306000039

=== Apple Developer Tools ===

Xcode 5.1.1 (5085)
Build 5B1008

=== Xamarin.Mac ===


=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.14.0 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/rbuckland/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1   (API level 7)
		2.2   (API level 8)
		2.3   (API level 10)
		3.1   (API level 12)
		3.2   (API level 13)
		4.0   (API level 14)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.1   (API level 16)
		4.2   (API level 17)
		4.3   (API level 18)
		4.4   (API level 19)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

=== Xamarin.iOS ===

Version: (Business Edition)
Hash: 606f31a
Build date: 2014-08-01 15:27:48-0400

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 502000386
Git revision: e6a54dee5376e6e7a2d9982695b060fddc09e65d
Build date: 2014-08-04 14:03:28-04
Xamarin addins: 2b5a5c26ac2ee74c6e91a8d24ef44d0ca9cb74d0

=== Operating System ===

Mac OS X 10.9.4
Darwin Darkside.local 13.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0
    Tue Jun  3 21:27:35 PDT 2014
    root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 5 Randy 2014-08-06 12:47:20 UTC
Created attachment 7604 [details]
Project file for zing

I've attached my project file for zing (built from the old source code before xamarin had it as a module) so you can see if there is anything strange in there.
Comment 6 Randy 2014-08-06 12:48:09 UTC
that was zxing but autocorrect 'fixed' it for me
Comment 7 Randy 2014-08-06 12:52:08 UTC
Actually, you are right, it was the xamarin studio bug. I just got the update to 5.2 and checked and the problem is gone. The update was installed yesterday which is why the version info I just sent says 5.2
Comment 8 Mohit Kheterpal 2014-11-05 05:10:34 UTC
As per comment 7, this issue is resolved.

Hence closing this issue.