Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The attached sample shows a WebView that displays incorrect (unicode?) character.
**Steps to Reproduce:**
1. Run the attached sample. A webpage should load.
2. There should be a button at the button labeled 'Info'. Press this button.
3. A list of data should be presented.
Some of the text contains incorrect characters. On iOS the text is displayed as expected.
The text should not have the incorrect characters. Should the same as it is displayed on iOS.
**Build Date & Platform:**
The test requires Google Play Services, so a device might be needed. I tested on a Samsung Galaxy S4. The website in step 1 did not display correctly on a Nexus 5.
I have checked this issue with attached Test Case Project. In this project, GCM.Client library was missing. I did google and get GCM.Client code from https://github.com/Redth/GCM.Client. I download this project and build it so that I could get GCM.Client dll. Then I add GCM.Client.dll in Test Cast project. When I run this project, I am getting exception. Due to this I am not able to reach the exact issue.
Please let me know What I missed to reproduce this issue.
Screencast regarding same : http://screencast.com/t/WRGWAmVQw1
Environment Info :
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.2.1 (build 1)
Installation UUID: 67eaf3b4-f8a7-4ab4-a9df-3197350ca5dc
Mono 3.6.0 ((no/f540f8a)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 306000039
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 5.1.1 (5085)
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 4.14.0 (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/ixamarin78/Desktop/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.1 (API level 7)
2.2 (API level 8)
2.3 (API level 10)
3.1 (API level 12)
3.2 (API level 13)
4.0 (API level 14)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2014-08-01 15:27:48-0400
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 188.8.131.52 (Business Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 502010001
Git revision: d06832ce9807d6be24aca225457e8b37c7669f6f
Build date: 2014-08-07 12:10:47-04
Xamarin addins: 1de032531be4cecf2f39dbee3b87aac78204058c
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.9.4
Darwin XamnewiMac.local 13.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0
Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. After reviewing the description of this bug, we no longer believe it affects the current version of Xamarin.Forms. If you are still experiencing the issue after updating your packages, please reopen this report with an attached reproduction.
For your convenience, we have created some reproduction best practices viewable here: https://gist.github.com/jassmith/92405c300e54a01dcc6d
Xamarin Forms Team