Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have a Xamarin Forms Xaml based project where after showing a page the layout of some labels in the original page is incorrect.
This effect only happens as far as I can tell on Windows Phone (device or emulator). It does not happen on Android.
To reproduce the problem follow the steps below
1) Build and load the application on the Windows emulator
2) Scroll down to the bottom of the main page
3) Touch one of the ? button on the line labelled 'Time of 1st goal'
4) Touch any of the numbers shown on the next displayed page. This will dismiss the page and return to the main page.
5) The labels at the top and bottom of the screen are not rendered correctly.
Some of the labels on the MainPage seem to have been given a width which is approximately half the expected width.
The images showing the correct and incorrect appearance are contained in
The project that demonstrates this effect is contained in
I was able to reproduce this issue using the above description.
I also noted that if I did not set the text on the Button in the TicPickMainPage from the GoalTimePage that the TicPickMainPage did render correctly when it was displayed again.
1. Open the GoalTimePage.xaml.cs file
2. Comment out line 110 which is the statement:
> actButton.Text = min;
3. Run the Windows Phone app and proceed as in the description above.
4. Note that the TicPickMainPage renders correctly now. (However the desired text is not set for the button of course)
Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. After reviewing the description of this bug, we no longer believe it affects the current version of Xamarin.Forms. If you are still experiencing the issue after updating your packages, please reopen this report with an attached reproduction.
For your convenience, we have created some reproduction best practices viewable here: https://gist.github.com/jassmith/92405c300e54a01dcc6d
Xamarin Forms Team