Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 7270 [details]
Adding entries to the beginning of a ListView when using a StackLayout in a ViewCell causes out of order display of entries.
1. Open solution and deploy Android project.
2. Click the button until the screen is more than full of list view items, at least 3 or 4 more than the screen can display.
3. Scroll down and up.
Expected results: Items should be displayed in reverse numerical order.
Actual results: Erroneous item numbers are displayed towards the bottom.
This does not occur if using a Label instead of a StackLayout with a nested Label in the ViewCell.
This also does not occur if you add the new items to the end of entries with:
instead of inserting them to the beginning of the list with
The above is in the button.Clicked event handler in App.cs
Does this still occur on 1.2.1? I can't reproduce this with the given sample.
On version 220.127.116.1129, I am getting an exception before the UI displays:
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[MonoDroid] at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.Platform.SetActionBarTextColor () <IL 0x00006, 0x0008c>
[MonoDroid] at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.Platform.UpdateActionBarTextColor () <IL 0x00001, 0x00043>
[MonoDroid] at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.Platform.OnLayout (bool,int,int,int,int) <IL 0x00004, 0x000ab>
[MonoDroid] at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.PlatformRenderer.OnLayout (bool,int,int,int,int) <IL 0x0001b, 0x000d3>
[MonoDroid] at Android.Views.ViewGroup.n_OnLayout_ZIIII (intptr,intptr,bool,int,int,int,int) [0x00009] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/monodroid-mlion-monodroid-4.12-series/163212a9/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/platforms/android-19/src/generated/Android.Views.ViewGroup.cs:3274
[MonoDroid] at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.b37092dc-e116-4d77-b85a-9f3cf913dc35 (intptr,intptr,bool,int,int,int,int) <IL 0x0002f, 0x00093>
This is the same stack trace I saw in this bug report: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=21280
I tried updating Xamarin.Forms and reproducing the bug. But I'm getting a black screen and the app hangs up with the message "... isn't responding. Do you want to close it?".
But even worse: When searching for minimum example I end up with the default "Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Shared)" solution containing nothing but a "Hello, Forms!" label. After updating the packages for this solution I get the very same black screen!
Thus, I've no clue how to use this new version for any of our projects!
Or maybe there's an undocumented trick how to get this version running. I don't know.
Duplicate of #20784 which has a working repro.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 20784 ***
I have checked this issue and I observed that I am still getting this behavior.
I have build and deploy the attached project on device (Samsung S5 4.4.2) and XAP Nexus S and I observed that now when I add entries to the beginning of a ListView when using a StackLayout in a ViewCell entries are still displayed unordered.
Application Output: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/67f833e1e9520f03ea44
IDE logs: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/5909cb42c262cd956b98
ADB logs: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/8283538ea711726a147b
Please let me know if I can provide more info to this issue.
=== Xamarin Studio ===
Version 5.7 (build 596)
Installation UUID: 6ea47b0d-1852-4aaf-808d-373ff0a5002b
Mono 3.12.0 ((detached/b75fa2b)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 312000046
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 6.1 (6604)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 18.104.22.168 (Trial Edition)
Build date: 2014-11-25 12:12:17-0500
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 22.214.171.124 (Trial Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/jatin66/Desktop/Backup/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.1 (API level 16)
4.2 (API level 17)
4.3 (API level 18)
4.4 (API level 19)
4.4.87 (API level 20)
5.0 (API level 21)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Trial Edition)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 507000596
Git revision: d996e9ba6874a0d64241e43e5e6b06322ce29c84
Build date: 2014-11-25 17:17:54-05
Xamarin addins: 8ca19707b41536a391f53364ee4ff9272711feb0
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.10.0
Darwin Jatin66s-iMac.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0
Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014
Can no longer reproduce in 1.3.2