Bug 200 - Default "splash" image isn't copied to application directory
Summary: Default "splash" image isn't copied to application directory
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 309
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Tools ()
Version: 4.x
Hardware: PC All
: --- major
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Alex Corrado [MSFT]
Depends on:
Reported: 2011-08-05 13:37 UTC by Akshay
Modified: 2011-08-19 15:38 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Akshay 2011-08-05 13:37:58 UTC
Default.png file isn't being copied into the output application directory any more, thus there is no more splash image.

To get around this, one has to manually create custom Post Build commands to just get it working on the Simulators, but Device builds are too complicated for this to be done easily.
Comment 1 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2011-08-05 13:40:05 UTC
This is a bug in MD 2.6 b3, you can work around it by using MD stable (2.4.x) or MD 2.6 b2. It's fixed in the upcoming 2.6 b4.
Comment 2 Ken Budris 2011-08-11 09:32:26 UTC
Does this bug affect ALL images in the root directory?
Comment 3 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2011-08-11 09:43:49 UTC
All Content files, yes.
Comment 4 Ian 2011-08-17 15:03:51 UTC
The problem is not fixed in 2.6 R1

Several people are having similar issues with R1, see:

Comment 5 Ken Budris 2011-08-17 15:19:55 UTC
I agree. I tried with MD 2.6 RC1 and MT and am still having the problem. By the way, I did not have the problem with MD 2.6 b3 and MT 4.0.3. I didn't see the problem until I upgraded MT to
Comment 6 Ian 2011-08-17 15:24:18 UTC
Now that you mention it, the problem came the day I installed MonoTouch
Comment 7 Andrew Harcourt 2011-08-18 02:04:15 UTC
I'm running MonoTouch 4.0.5 and still getting this problem. It's a complete showstopper for shipping an app, sadly :(
Comment 8 Akshay 2011-08-18 08:44:28 UTC
The bug is with the beta MonoDevelop release. If you use the stable (2.4.x) it works just fine and Michael posted that its fixed, but for the upcoming beta 4 release.
Comment 9 Andrew Harcourt 2011-08-18 09:19:02 UTC
The bug is also in RC1.

A "Release Candidate" is not a beta; it's a candidate for a stable release. This release candidate has a show-stopping bug in it that prevents developers from shipping apps, therefore it should no longer be considered as a candidate for release.

I'm running MonoDevelop 2.6 RC1 with MonoTouch 4.0.5 (and 4.1, and and this behaviour is the same as in MonoDevelop 2.6b3. I can build exactly the same codebase with MonoDevelop 2.6b2 and it works perfectly happily.

Has there been a code change between the shipping of RC1 and now to address this issue? Please don't mark this case as resolved unless you've verified the fix.
Comment 10 Ian 2011-08-18 10:54:35 UTC
I can confirm on a MacBook Pro, MonoTouch 4.0.5, Mono 2.10.4 and MonoDevelop 2.6 RC1 that the same problem exists.

We're dead in the water.
Comment 11 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2011-08-18 11:02:57 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 309 ***
Comment 12 Alex Soto 2011-08-19 13:02:17 UTC
Ok guys, I guess i found a workaround, please give this a try

Im running MD 2.6RC1, in order to your content files are being included in the
final bundle, delete them from your project, then save your project close MD,
then reopen MD and add again your content files to your project, don't forget
to mark them as content ;)

this worked for me.

Comment 13 Miguel de Icaza [MSFT] 2011-08-19 15:38:54 UTC
Michael backported the fix, the next update will have it.

Assigning to Alex, so he can close it when 2.6 RC2 goes out.