Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I get the following error when trying to build a Xamarin.Droid project with MvvmCross from VS2013:
"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'Cirrious.CrossCore, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?"
If I build the same project with Xamarin Studio for Mac everything works fine.
I have checked this issue and able to reproduce this. To reproduce this issue I have followed the steps below:
1. Create a simple android application.
2. Install MvvmCross - Settings Plugin by running command "Install-Package Mvx.Plugins.Settings" in Package Manager Console.
3. Build the application and got the error.
Screencast : http://www.screencast.com/t/LZDP0I1D9gj
Environment Info :
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.21005.1 REL
Microsoft .NET Framework
Xamarin.Android 4.12.03003 (7f0e3d3c)
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.iOS 1.10.47 (3d6a125d)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS
Note : If I build the same project with Xamarin Studio on Mac, I am getting the same build error. While checking this issue for windows, I have checked this on Mac and got the same issue for that I have filed Bug 19990
I have solved the issue, which is a general issue: It turns out that it is due to restrictions in directory name length. Directories can not exceed 256 characters, and for me having a long name it turned out the components directory names got to long. The solution was moving the project directory from my user directory to C:.
This thread is also a duplicate, so I will add this comment to the other bug as well.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 16039 ***