Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
If "Use Fast Deploy" is ticked then breakpoints are hit on device. If not ticked then they are not hit.
*** Versions ***
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012
Version 11.0.61030.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
Installed Version: Professional
Visual C# 2012
Microsoft Visual C# 2012
Xamarin for Visual Studio 1.12.278.0
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS
*** Relevant config from project file ***
<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' ">
I have checked this issue with the same builds that you are using.I am able to hit breakpoint successfully while keeping Fast Deploy checkbox unchecked.Below is the screencast for the same:
Google Nexus 7 4.2.2
Please let us know device version that you are using and additional sub-steps(if you made any changes). So,that we can try to reproduce this issue at our end.
I suspect that what is happening is the .mdb files are not making it into the .apk which is being uploaded to the device. With FastDev enabled the .mdb files are placed in the __override__ directory, with it off the .mdb files should be in the .apk.
Can you please rebuild and deploy your app with fastdev off and then check the .apk in the bin/debug folder to see if the .mdb files made it into the .apk?
Also it could be the .apk is not being updated. Its possible that if you are just changing the setting and hitting run that the build system thinks the .apk on the device is up to date and does not re-generate a new one (which will include the .mdb files)
Can you also put your VS MSBuild output into diagnostic mode (via Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions-> Build and Run ) and provide us with the full log of the build output.
I just checked the MDB. Running on an Asus eetransformer this time. MDB files are present in the APK. Modified dates on the files matched the build time.
I've attached the logs
Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. After reviewing the description of this bug, we believe it no longer affects the current version of Xamarin.Android. If you are still experiencing the issue after updating your packages, please reopen this report with an attached reproduction.