Bug 19629 - Changing default namespace for Shared Projects doesnt save
Summary: Changing default namespace for Shared Projects doesnt save
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Project Model ()
Version: 5.0
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: High normal
Target Milestone: 5.0
Assignee: Lluis Sanchez
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-05-08 18:21 UTC by James Clancey
Modified: 2014-05-12 11:38 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED FIXED

Description James Clancey 2014-05-08 18:21:24 UTC
Shared projects save their default namesapce in the .projitems. This file is not modified when changing the default namespace for shared projects.
Comment 1 Nischal 2014-05-09 01:21:23 UTC
We have checked and observing same behavior.  
Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/pBDBjK7gpYj

Supplement Info:
IDE Log: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/4730ee1b5bee674f5936
 
Environment Info:
Xamarin Studio Version 5.0 (build 860)
Git revision: 1401460e8308a8c91239627b6c617ea2380b472c
Xamarin addins: 503a5e5b4e5b374756568e8aa54268eff495d8d0
Comment 2 Lluis Sanchez 2014-05-09 06:33:04 UTC
Fixed in 5.0.0.861.
Comment 3 Prashant manu 2014-05-12 00:30:33 UTC
We have checked and still observing that changing default namespace for Shared Projects doesn't save.

Screencast for this:
http://screencast.com/t/BRXLhWoGg
http://screencast.com/t/BUeRcevsa2

Environment Info:
Xamarin Studio Version 5.0 (build 863)
Git revision: cf165e4d15a32fcf96cf6abb30141bfada8b9e7c
Xamarin addins: c6c2f550a7920891ec16b98d1fb5299ede4c485c
Comment 4 Lluis Sanchez 2014-05-12 11:24:51 UTC
The verification is not correct. You have to test the following:
* Open the options dialog for the shared project.
* Check that the value in the Default Namespace field of the General panel is the same as the Import_RootNamespace element in the .projitems file.
* Change the value of the Default Namespace in the project options and click OK.
* Check that the .projitems file is modified and contains the new value.
Comment 5 Nischal 2014-05-12 11:38:15 UTC
Checked as per comment 4 and this is working fine. Hence closing this issue.
Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/d8k4yGhWRVe

Environment Info:
Xamarin Studio Version 5.0 (build 863)
Git revision: cf165e4d15a32fcf96cf6abb30141bfada8b9e7c
Xamarin addins: c6c2f550a7920891ec16b98d1fb5299ede4c485c