Bug 19535 - Could not install on my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3)
Summary: Could not install on my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3)
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: 4.2.x
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jonathan Pryor
Depends on:
Reported: 2014-05-05 15:20 UTC by greg chu
Modified: 2017-10-04 14:58 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description greg chu 2014-05-05 15:20:30 UTC
Detecting installed packages

Removing previous version of application

Installing application on device

Synchronizing assemblies

Deployment failed due to an error in FastDev assembly synchronization.
Comment 1 Sunil Kumar 2014-05-06 13:48:32 UTC
We have tried to reproduce this issue but unable to reproduce. We are able to install android application on device (Samsung Galaxy S3) successfully while Project Option > Android Build > "Fast assembly deployment" option is checked. Below is the screencast:

Environment info:
Samsung Galaxy S3 ( Android version 4.1.1)

=== Xamarin Studio ===

Version 4.2.4 (build 35)
Installation UUID: 655d0c20-4a23-4297-b952-3b2e9f208c30
	Microsoft .NET 4.0.30319.34003
	GTK+ 2.24.22 (MS-Windows theme)
	GTK# 2.12.25

=== Xamarin.Android ===

Version: 4.12.3 (Enterprise Edition)
Android SDK: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid\AndroidSDK
	Supported Android versions:
		2.1   (API level 7)
		2.2   (API level 8)
		2.3   (API level 10)
		3.1   (API level 12)
		4.0   (API level 14)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.1   (API level 16)
		4.2   (API level 17)
		4.3   (API level 18)
		4.4   (API level 19)
Java SDK: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_31
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

=== Build Information ===

Release ID: 402040035
Git revision: 1173cb1c45bc56cb702e82cd21a7c9d0cea4acbf
Build date: 2014-04-18 02:08:41-04
Xamarin addins: 53bde0041263928e8bd64686f5ca5a8e4338dd76

=== Operating System ===

Windows 6.2.9200.0

Could you please let us know which Android version you are using in your Samsung Galaxy S3?
Comment 2 George Cook 2015-11-23 18:12:04 UTC
I also get the same issue on all devices. I often can't even build, have to unplug them clean and rebuild. Each build takes me 5 minutes per time. I'm not the only one, I've already had a response in the forum about this. This is just terrible. It's broken on Xamarin Studio 5.8 through 5.10. I used to build on android becuase it was faster than iOS, the last few weeks its UNUSABLE.

Please comment, as I'll be reaching out to my account rep about this one. I at least need a wokaround. It's unreasonable that I have to pay to waste hours of my day trying to get this to build.


Xamarin Studio
Version 5.9.8 (build 0)
Installation UUID: d7363558-28ec-4976-84a9-41fb9357ce07
	Mono 4.2.1 (explicit/6dd2d0d)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 402010102

Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 7.1.1 (9081)
Build 7B1005

Version: (Starter Edition)

Version: (Business Edition)
Android SDK: /Users/georgecook/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3   (API level 10)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.4   (API level 19)
		5.0   (API level 21)
		5.1   (API level 22)
		6.0   (API level 23)
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

Xamarin Android Player
Version: Unknown version
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

Version: (Business Edition)
Hash: 3c0ec35
Branch: master
Build date: 2015-11-12 13:05:39-0500

Build Information
Release ID: 509080000
Git revision: cc5f6e5658589ca7f46210c57fad947e75f30abd
Build date: 2015-10-21 19:27:41-04
Xamarin addins: d77f191bd7d3451adf837b85b38f2b7c60004400

Operating System
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Darwin hobbiton.local 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0
    Tue Sep  1 21:23:09 PDT 2015
    root:xnu-2782.50.1~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Comment 3 Jon Douglas [MSFT] 2017-10-04 14:58:42 UTC
Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. After reviewing the description of this bug, we believe it no longer affects the current version of Xamarin.Android. If you are still experiencing the issue after updating your packages, please reopen this report with an attached reproduction.