Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
This makes it hard to find a particular folder when there are many.
Version 5.0 (build 725)
Installation UUID: 81203a58-4d25-40de-a95a-bc6c250df204
Mono 3.4.0 ((no/585aa54)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 304000201
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 5.1.1 (5085)
Version: 188.8.131.52 (Business Edition)
Xamarin.Mac: Not Installed
Release ID: 500000725
Git revision: 1c04181c9318b2beb490053d013131ea9ccca2d2
Build date: 2014-04-22 15:37:35-04
Xamarin addins: df1b37d137609c2d5a731772a7a34bd0701860ec
Mac OS X 10.9.2
Darwin Rolfs-Mac-Pro.local 13.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.1.0
Wed Apr 2 23:52:02 PDT 2014
I have checked this issue and getting same behavior as shown in screencast : http://screencast.com/t/m50ZpgcqOO
The F# add-in is messing up item ordering
*** Bug 19475 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Fixed in fsharpbinding master: https://github.com/fsharp/fsharpbinding/commit/c1ff483ce0b3aaf22e613ddc6a7f365f6c0f34cc
needs fsharpbinding submodule bumping in monodevelop.
Can you cherry pick this fix to vnext-release? Thanks!
Done, hash: 1d340241e02124ff7e221a2c9fa74b29ce0a5d0d
Should be fixed in 184.108.40.2067
I have checked this issue with following builds:
X.S 5.0(Build 839)
Git revision: ea6a454f1af1af09dd11b1441507fae2dc0a8414
I am still getting same behavior, Folders are not sorted. This is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/v21TxZrktEF
Hence reopening this issue.
That's the expected behavior for F# projects (but only for F#). In F#, file and folder ordering has an effect on how the project is compiled, so we can't sort by name for those projects.
I have checked this issue with XS 5.0 (build 839), Now I have created an Android C# project and this issue does not exist as shown in screencast : http://screencast.com/t/3Lm64ftKsG4
i.e. all folders added in sorted manner.
Hence, closing this issue.
I've created a fresh project (I don't have any of the F# stuff installed at all). The directory listings down the side a *not* alphabetical - makes no difference if it's imported from old or from new, iOS or Android, the project directories are not alphabetical
Paul, the fix is not included in the alpha release. F# support is now included by default in XS, it doesn't have to be installed separately.