Bug 19232 - Apache Mod-Mono-Server4 crash on ubuntu 14.04 LTS (mono 3.2.8 xsp )
Summary: Apache Mod-Mono-Server4 crash on ubuntu 14.04 LTS (mono 3.2.8 xsp )
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: Tools
Classification: Mono
Component: other ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Linux
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2014-04-22 18:55 UTC by shahid khan
Modified: 2014-04-22 18:55 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report for Bug 19232 on GitHub or Developer Community if you have new information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.

If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the original description:

  • Export the original title and description: GitHub Markdown or Developer Community HTML
  • Copy the title and description into the new report. Adjust them to be up-to-date if needed.
  • Add your new information.

In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments: GitHub Markdown with public comments

Related Links:

Description shahid khan 2014-04-22 18:55:24 UTC
Mono 3.2.8 (available from ubuntu 14.04)

Mono apache crashes when i install mod_mono for apache and mod-mono-server4 with the following error report in apache error log.


  at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at Mono.WebServer.VPathToHost.CreateHost (Mono.WebServer.ApplicationServer,Mono.WebServer.WebSource) <0x0007b>
  at Mono.WebServer.ApplicationServer.GetApplicationForPath (string,int,string,bool) <0x0013f>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.WebServer.ApplicationServer.GetApplicationForPath (string,int,string,bool) <0xffffffff>
  at Mono.WebServer.ModMonoWorker.InnerRun (object) <0x0024f>
  at Mono.WebServer.ModMonoWorker.Run (object) <0x0001b>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void__this___object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8105b4a]
        /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x46) [0xb75ba7e6]
        /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x143) [0xb75bdc33]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8288b23]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8288bb3]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x816b4d1]
        /usr/bin/mono(mono_class_get_full+0xff) [0x816bdff]
        /usr/bin/mono(mono_class_from_name+0x107) [0x816c237]
        /usr/bin/mono(mono_class_from_typeref+0x190) [0x816b9a0]
        /usr/bin/mono(mono_class_get_full+0x164) [0x816be64]
        /usr/bin/mono(mono_class_get+0x1f) [0x816bf4f]
        /usr/bin/mono(mono_metadata_parse_mh_full+0x45c) [0x81b29fc]
        /usr/bin/mono(mono_method_get_header+0xbf) [0x819130f]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x807ff7c]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8066ccc]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8068de4]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8069aee]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8106d17]
        /usr/bin/mono() [0x8069bf0]

Debug info from gdb:

Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.

I found a partial work around may be that can help in fixing this bug,by doing the following changes

i just changed /path/to/mono/4.0:/path/to to /path/to/mono/4.5:/path/to
in mono-server4-hosts.conf which in my case is /etc/mono-server4 .....

The bug vanishes when after this change apache is restarted but it comes again when i restart my computer and want to visit an mvc site with auto hosting on,but this time the mod-mono-server 4 does not crash instead mono runtime throws an exception, although i can visit my test .aspx page without restart of apache,but for visiting my mvc site  i need restart my apache server after every reboot.  The following exception is thrown

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404.The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Details: Requested URL: /FirstMvc/
Exception stack trace:
   at System.Web.StaticFileHandler.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
   at System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context, System.AsyncCallback           callback,System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
   at System.Web.HttpApplication+<Pipeline>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at     System.Web.HttpApplication.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

, and again a restart or two of apache fix this exception too, 
  this bug is also reported on launchpad here