Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
For XAM210 I can think of some improvements:
* The app lifecycle slides could have info about all of the "Finished Launching" methods
* Background transfer API and remote notifications API is new in iOS7 as a background service and is not mentioned currently
* There should be an additional slide showing all the background services on iOS (GPS, Music, ...)
* The script says that the long running tasks can especially be useful for file transfers. This is discouraged in iOS7 and the new transfer API should be used.
* The long running task sample uses Thread.Sleep(). I tried to change that to Task.Delay() and if I do *not* us a cancellation token, I get an "invalid IL error". Bug has been filed 19077)
* The Android Demo2 should provide a layout that already has the button to start the service. Makes no sense to writer boilerplate UI code in a backgrounding course.
* Can we update all demos to the latest framework? Currently, they are Jelly Bean based.
* The GPS does not work in Genymotion Samsum S3. Maybe worth a note.