Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Description of Problem:
Missing 58x58 icon in Project Properties
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Open a Xamarin .ios project in Visual Studio
2. Go to the project properties screen and select Icon images for all of the icon sizes.
3. Save project properties and close the properties window.
4. Reopen the properties window and notice that the 58x58 icon image is not showing up. It never got loaded.
58x58 Icon image isn't loaded into the Project Properties window
58x58 Icon image should be showing up when I close and reopen the project Properties window.
How often does this happen?
Every time I open the project properties window
The Available Orientations for iPad aren't being loaded either, but that's written up under a separate bug. Whoever fixes this one, should fix that other bug too.
I have checked this issue with the following builds:
Xamarin for iOS 1.10.47
I am able to add 58*58 icon images successfully after reopening the project properties window.This is working for me for iPad also.
Can you please attach some test project and provide environment details for which you are seeing this issue?.So, that we can try to reproduce this issue at our end also.
I have Xamarin.iOS version 1.10.47 (3d6a125d)
Please follow the steps below (especially steps 4 and 5):
Open the project properties window. You will notice 2 missing things.
1. There are NO supported device Orientations for iPad
2. There is NO image for the 58x58 spotlight settings icon
3. Click on the orientations to allow all iPad orientations. Then add an icon for the 58x58 icon. and save the project properties.
4. Close the project properties window.
5. Re-open the project properties window and notice that the iPad orientations are no longer showing, and that the image for 58x58 isn't showing either.
6. Not sure if they got saved or not, but they for sure didn't get retrieved.
Please refer to the attached screenshots.
Created attachment 6575 [details]
Note the missing iPad Orientations and the missing 58x58 icon
This is what I get whenever I open Project Properties. Even after I add the icon and orientations back and save them. When I close and re-open project properties, I get this same result, with the missing iPad orientations and the missing 58x58 icon.
Created attachment 6576 [details]
This is after I edit and save the project preferences, but not after reload.
I can fix the iPad orientations and attach the 58x58 icon to the project properties, and save the properties. However, when I close and re-open them, It is as if I had never made the edits. The device orientations are all disabled for iPad and image 58x58 is missing.
Created attachment 6577 [details]
I have attached a zip of my entire project per your request. KEEP PROPRIETARY
Please see comments 2-5.
can't reproduce in XMA.
I have checked this issue and observed that this issue is fixed in XMA XVS 126.96.36.1991 as shown in screencast : http://screencast.com/t/k4MbqLgpd
Hence closing this issue.