Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open or create iOS storyboard application in VS.
2. Open MainStoryboard.storyboard file.
3. Connect to build host.
4. Drag some widgets to storyboard.
5. Now make sure Build host is in sleep mode.
6. Open storyboard file again.
7. It shows that connection get lost.
8. Make build host from sleep mode to Active mode.
9. Again open storyboard file.
10. Observe that It prompt us to connect to another build host. after selecting same build host. An error appears in VS "Another instance of Visual studio is using the Build Host on x.x.x.x. Double click here to select a new server. Xamarin.iOS Extension" while no other VS is connected to that build host.
12. Now Generate again code on build host(Unpair and then Pair).
13 Again try to open storyboard file.
14. Observe that It will get connected after entering new code.
Actual Result: If build host is in sleep mode, connection get lost. If user open build host again then user need to regenerate code to connect with VS otherwise it is showing error in VS "Error Another instance of Visual studio is using the Build Host on x.x.x.x. Double click here to select a new server".
Expected Result: Either error should not display in VS because no other machine is connected to build host. OR After opening build host from sleep mode, It should get connected to build host without regenerate code.
mtbsserver log: https://gist.github.com/Mohit-Kheterpal/b0b6afcfac8c3378d280
Trace log: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/ac00a504b0c48545aa9d
Xamarin for VS 1.99.653
Ihave checked this issue with following builds:
Xamarin for Windows 2.00.110
Now connect remains continue with build host if user re-creates creates and open storyboard file in VS. This is the screencast for the same: http://www.screencast.com/t/hY2QKtKwJFn