Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Description of Problem:
Supported Device Orientations are not being loaded
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. On a Windows machine, open Visual Studio 2013
2. Open an iOS Universal project
3. Double Click the 'Info.plist file in Solution Explorer
4. Click the 'iPad Deployment Info' tab on the left of the screen.
5. Notice that all 'Supported Device Orientations' are disabled for iPad
6. Click each orientation to enable it.
7. Save the Info.plist file
8. Close the Info.plist file
9. Repeat steps 3-5 above. The 'Supported Device Orientations' were never read from the 'Info.plist' file.
Alternatively, steps 3-4 can be replaced by the following:
3. Right click on the project and select Properties
4. Click the 'iOS Application' tab on the left of the screen and scroll down to the iPad Deployment Info Supported Device Orientations
I should be able to save my Supported Device Orientations and when opening the file again, be able to see those changes still.
I ALWAYS see all iPad orientations disabled even after enabling and saving them.
How often does this happen?
Every single time I open Info.plist from within Visual Studio 2013 from my Windows operating system.
This bug was reported a few months ago by me. It was fixed in a previous version and has now resurfaced. Please send me an e-mail when the fixed version arrives.
It should be noted that when you change the Supported Device Orientations, your changes ARE saved. However, when you attempt to open the file again, it does not properly set the images. So if you just save it after opening it, you will inadvertently disable all orientations for iPad.
Today I have checked this issue with the following builds:
I am also able to reproduce this issue and not able to save device orientations for iPad while on selecting iphone/ipod it is working fine.Hence confirming this issue.
That bug was fixed on earlier version. Just tested on XVS 3.1.224.