Bug 1816 - Add Web Service, Update Web Service Can't Parse WSDL
Summary: Add Web Service, Update Web Service Can't Parse WSDL
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Web Services ()
Version: 3.0.x
Hardware: PC Linux
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2011-11-01 19:39 UTC by bj.cardon
Modified: 2012-10-19 19:10 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

The Remote WSDL (154.05 KB, text/xml)
2011-11-01 19:39 UTC, bj.cardon

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report for Bug 1816 on Developer Community or GitHub if you have new information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.

If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the original description:

  • Export the original title and description: Developer Community HTML or GitHub Markdown
  • Copy the title and description into the new report. Adjust them to be up-to-date if needed.
  • Add your new information.

In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments: GitHub Markdown with public comments

Related Links:

Description bj.cardon 2011-11-01 19:39:09 UTC
Created attachment 803 [details]
The Remote WSDL

I have built my own SOAP web services product that I have several projects using modules from. In MonoDevelop 2.4, I could add these web services and they would work just fine. However, as soon as I updated to MonoDevelop 2.6, I noticed that it was not parsing the WSDL properly in some way. I have attached the WSDL in question below. 

The exception message I get is as follows:

Member AltaSoapHeaderValueField not found in class v_xml.OrderService.Order.

I have also noticed that there are times when Update Web Reference will not pull any changes in the remote WSDL. I know it tries to do some caching, but it would be nice if you could just force it to do a fresh WSDL pull at any given time. It's much faster than removing it and re-adding it.

Of note is the fact that if I load this solution in VS2010 and update the web reference, it pulls correctly and even utilizing it in MonoDevelop works properly, so this seems to be an issue exclusively in how MonoDevelop processes the WSDL file.
Comment 1 bj.cardon 2012-10-19 19:10:17 UTC
I have tested updating web references again on and the issues with it not working seem to persist. I need to look deeper into what is going on but right now whenever I tell MonoDevelop to update a web reference it just hangs indefinitely.